Bread Pudding is one of those things in life that I can never pass on...Chances
are that if I go to a restaurant and it's on the menu. I'm totally ordering it. I guess it's
just the CARB lover in me. I'll take it any way I can get it. This particular bread
pudding speaks to me...caramel, salted, croissants...need I say more?
6 day old croissants
1 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup of milk
1 cup of half and half
1/2 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1) Grease a 2 qt baking dish
2) Combine hot water and brown sugar, pour over croissants
3) Combine remaining ingredients and pour over croissants
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes.
5) Serve with vanilla ice cream
Note - Before baking I sprinkle with a little brown sugar and salt.