Thursday, September 23, 2010

Caramel~Chocolate Bars

Be prepared for lots of Caramel recipes. I adore
anything that has caramel in it. Have you ever had
The Caramel Chicken at The Cheesecake Factory?
I don't order anything else cause it's that good. These
bars are kinda salty and sweet. I only use salted butter.

Caramel~Chocolate Bars

Crust
1 Box of Betty Crocker chocolate fudge cake mix
1/2 cup of butter, softened
3 eggs
1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
Filling
1 bag of caramels, unwrapped
1/4 cup of butter
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
Topping
1/2 cup of reserved cake mix
1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
3 tablespoons of butter

1) Heat oven to 350. Reserve 1/2 cup cake mix topping.
In a large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, 1/2 cup butter
and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until
dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into a greased
9 by 13 pan. Bake 16 min.
2) Meanwhile, in a 2 quart saucepan, heat caramels, 1/4
cup of butter and the condensed milk over medium heat
about 8 min. Stirring until smooth.
3) Spread the caramel filling evenly over the partially baked
crust. In a small bowl, mix reserved 1/2 cup of cake mix, the
oats and 3 tablespoons of butter with fork until crumbly.
Sprinkle over caramel filling.
4) Bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bars.

20 comments:

  1. YUM, THIS AND YOUR LEMON BARS ARE A MUST MAKE... SOON!

    nEvEr heard of the carmel chicken at Cheesecake factory..."WOW"- I will remember that for next time. Thanks hun! HUGS, jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm am forever grateful. Forever.
    You are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe!:D These look so yummy!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNEW I liked you! I love anything with caramel and if we ever make it up to Cheesecake factory I'm ordering me some of that chicken! I wonder if there is a recipe for it out there somewhere on the web? Thanks for sharing this one and thank you too for your very sweet comments about my last post! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my those look so good! The next time I go to Cheesecake Factory I am ordering that chicken also. Val, I think we all want to know how you eat all this fabulous food and stay so slim....thanks for sharing your recipes. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my stars these look delicious! VAL did you get my text this afternoon :) I send thousands of thank yous your way! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the best stuff! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy yummy yummy yummy! I am wonderin what Karen is wondering! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious...but sadly I don't bake... wanta bring some over??

    Are you going to Ventura on Sunday?? My flea market buddy is in Milan... how dare she!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks sooooo good!!!! I can't wait for more recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmm I must try this recipe and soon!!! Thanks so much for a yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound delish! Love caramel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no. These look Delicious!

    Darn it!

    cheers!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love caramel too so keep the recipes coming, yum

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT is what I am talkin' about!!!
    And thanks for the tip on the carmel chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love all these fab recipes you post! these look Amazing! i love ooey gooey carmel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Val I adore caramel, too BUT it must be homemade, none of that jar stuff. I just made three jars of dulce de leche I think I'll use that in this instead.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look absolutely delicious! I love your taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those look so good... I will have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look SO good, and I, like you, love caramel... especially with dark chocolate! MMMMMMMM!
    Thank you for sharing your terrific recipes with us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...