Friday, November 18, 2011
I know that this time of the year...I'm always rushing and have very little time to
make fancy desserts. That's when this amazing and utterly simple dessert comes into-
play. Perfect for a holiday dinner party. These treats are light and your first bite will
make you think of soft sweet clouds. How can you go wrong with puff pasty, heavy
cream, sugar and a little fruit. You can use blackberries, blueberries or strawberries.
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed as box states
1 (6 oz) container fresh raspberries
2/3 cup powdered sugar
whipping cream ( 8 oz )
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut pastry into squares.
2) Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
3) Mash most berries and reserve a some for top decoration.
4) In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and extract with
electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in mashed raspberries into
the whipped cream.
5) Take cream and put on one cooled pasty and top with another pastry. Dust
with powdered sugar and place a little cream on top, garnish with berry.