Come on over for breakfast? In a perfect world all of us bloggers -
would live on our own version of Wisteria Lane...filled with baked good, cheese,
wine, endless conversations, fashion and talk about blogging and life. Ahh, that was a
great thought. Wasn't it? We all can't be neighbors but, we can all enjoy a great, so
good muffin. That's my idea of bringing us all together. Bond through food.
These mixed berry muffins would be wonderful for a mothers day brunch..Or if -
you are thinking ahead, how about 4th of July. Red, White and Blue. Enjoy.
Triple Berry Crumb Muffins
1/2 cup of raspberries
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of blackberries
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup of milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
For The Topping -
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup of flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
2) Mix 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup of sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix vegetable
oil, egg, vanilla and milk in small bowl.
3) Mix the egg mixture into the powder mixture. Do not over mix.
4) Add berries and stir until combined.
5) Mix the crumb topping and add to the top of muffins.
6) Bake for 22 minutes or until done.
Note - try and keep the crumb mixture on the muffins and not the pan.