Friday, June 15, 2012
Roasted Summer Vegetables with Creamy Lemon Fettucini
This is my definition of a perfect Summer meal. Light, creamy and full of
all of your favorite Summer veggies. It's a perfect dinner for the ladies and the
roasted veggies are just so flavorful. The creamy lemon pasta is so good you
could just eat it all by itself. Serve with some crusty bread and a glass of vino.
Roasted Summer Vegetable with Creamy Lemon Fettucini
1 eggplant, sliced into think strips
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 yellow summer squash, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
handful of cherry tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 pound fettucini
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 cup of heavy cream
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Boil salted water for pasta and cook until al dente.
3) Place vegetables on a cookie sheet. Add oil and spices. Toss well and
bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until roasted.
5) Drain pasta and add your heavy cream, parmesan cheese, lemon juice
and lemon zest.
6) Add roasted veggies to pasta or serve veggies on top of pasta.
Serve with additional cheese and lemon wedges.