Sunday, March 15, 2015
This is my go to Italian meal when I have very little time. It's so simple to
make and it's packed full of flavor. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
1 box ziti
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound hamburg
2 ( 26 ounce ) marinara sauce - your favorite
1 cup sour cream
1/2 parmesan cheese
8 ounces mozzarella shredded
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta, drain when done.
While the water is boiling start your sauce.
3) Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet. Add onion and green pepper,
cook for 5 minutes add ground beef, garlic and all the spices. Cook until
beef is browned and veggies are tender. Add the marinara sauce and cook
for 15 minutes.
4) Drain cooked pasta and put back in large pot. Add your meat sauce to the
noodles. Stir in your cheeses and sour cream, mix well.
5) Spray a 9 by 13 baking pan with spray and add your pasta. Top with more
cheese if you'd like and bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy.