Whether it be banana, blueberry, lemon, the list goes on.
It has become a great tradition for her and I. Love through
food. This bread has a ton of coconut flavor, almost like a
coconut macaroon in bread form... YUM. This recipe
makes two, so share one and have one for yourself. Perfect
for the holidays to hand out. I like to eat mine with pineapple
cream cheese. Enjoy!
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons of coconut extract
1 cup of buttermilk
1 cup of shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2) Grease and flour 2 loaf pans
3) Do not use a mixer for this recipe
4) Use a spoon or spatula & stir by hand
5) In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder
baking soda and salt. Mix well.
6) In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, beaten eggs,
and coconut extract. Mix well.
7) Alternately add flour mixture & buttermilk to sugar
mixture & stir until moist.
8) Stir in shredded coconut.
9) Pour batter into the two prepared loaf pans. Bake 1 hour.