With the weather being so beautiful lately...I thought I would take you on a
taste bud vacation without actually going on a trip. Who needs the Islands when you
have these tacos in front of you? Flavor explosion...a burst of sweet goodness in
every bite. I truly fell in love with these beauties and you will too.
Pina Colada Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
1 pound of shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails off
pina colada drinking mix
8 corn tortillas
1 cup of pineapple
1/2 of a jalapeno, seeds and veins removed ( optional )
1/4 of a cup of red onion, diced
2 green onions
1 lime, juiced
salt and pepper
a dash of red pepper flakes
queso fresco or feta cheese, to top
cilantro or parsley for garnish
1) Place shrimp in large ziploc bag with some pina colada mix. Let soak for about
2) Meanwhile, mix pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, green onion, lime juice. Let sit.
3) Heat a grill pan or a hot frying pan.
4) Remove shrimp from bag and discard marinade. Place on pan and add spices
and cook until heated through.
5) Assemble your tacos. Warm tortilla, shrimp, salsa and than add the cheese.