Thursday, May 3, 2012
With Cinco de Mayo, fast approaching us. I wanted to share with you
a little goodness to start your weekend off right and into Cinco de Mayo. All you
need are some chips and salsa and I see a perfect fiesta happening. Enjoy my friends!
3 cups cubed watermelon
2 limes juiced
1 cup of Cabo Wabo tequila ( my personal favorite)
1/4 cup triple sec
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
salt or sugar for rim
1) Heat sugar and water in pot. You are doing this to make a simple syrup.
When the sugar is dissolved...take off of stove and let cool
2) In the meantime juice the watermelon in a juicing machine. "If you don't
have a juicer and blender will work fine. It will be a little thicker.
3) Add lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and cooled simple syrup to the watermelon
juice. Mix well.
4) Rim your glasses in sugar or salt. Add crushed ice or ice cubes.
5) Pour the Margarita in glass and serve.
Note, to make it extra special add a slice of watermelon and lime to glass.